The Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- A patient using the Aquaciser receives variable-resistance, low impact aerobic workout.
- The buoyancy of the water helps to decrease the pressure on joints, and allows exercise with less difficulty
- Warm water reduces pain, relaxes muscles, and improves circulation.
- The resistance of water gives the ability to increase strength and endurance as well as to improve balance and coordination.
- Water exercises allow for cardiovascular fitness and improved muscle tone.
What To Bring
- Aquatic Therapy sessions last approximately 30 minutes.
- The Aquaciser features an underwater treadmill, whirlpool jets, and an adjustable seat for rest periods and seated exercise.
- The water temperature is between 95° and 100°.
- The water is constantly sanitized by chlorine.
- Treatments are private and individualized.
- Showers, changing rooms and lockers are located in the Aquatic Therapy area.
- All patients must shower at our facility before entering the Aquaciser .
Aquatic Therapy Locations
- Your bathing suit.
- Bathing slippers are optional.
- Lockers and towels are provided for your use.
Aquatic Therapy featuring Sherrie Jasper, PT, DPT